Creating startups the right way
1. No business plan survives first customer contact.
2. It’s the business model, stupid.
3. Take time to think through the alternative possibilities.
4. A business model idea is just a set of hypotheses.
5. Don’t build your company until you’ve verified your business model.
These are great points, articulated very well, and as appropriate in making the leap as in growing your startup effectively. As is always the case, there is an iceberg underneath each of these points.
from presentation of Creating Start-Up Success http://slidesha.re/9wW9em